Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Halloween Polka" JPG Free Scrapbook Alphabet

I'm going to put our family name in this design and pop it up on the wall this fall.  I began this blog because I was spending too much time searching for creative and fun alphabets online.  I decided I'd have to make my own gigantic collection.  And if I'm making it, I'm more than willing to share it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wishing there was a large, free, original selection in one place.  I must say however, I appreciate the variety of blogs and freebie downloads that give me ideas.  I will never use a freebie in my alphabets but I sure don't mind pointing you to the ones I like.  I do use freebies from other sites for my personal scrapbooking.

You have to click on the image to see it larger.  So stinkin' cute! For this creation I borrowed the spider silhouette from clipartlog.com.  How to make a spider or patterned letter in photoshop: create a background you like.  Write the letter on the layer above it.  Or for the spider use the magnetic lasso to outline it.  Select layer transparency of the spider or letter.  Highlight the background layer and copy.  The background will be copied in the shape of the letter. Paste into a separate file.  From there you can edit...stroke outline selection, and you can drop shadows, pop out bevels.... The spider in the sign was a png file I made before I selected a bevel for it. The jpg letter background is just the levi background from photoshop. I  Photoshop.  Someday I'll throw some tutorials on youtube.  There are quite a few now if you search.  You know how long it can take if you're waiting for a Granny.


































https://sites.google.com/site/scrapbookalphabet/home?pli=1

No comments: